For any full-fledged emergency requiring immediate healthcare or police assistance, please dial 911.

Below are non-emergency numbers for the police and fire departments, as well as emergency numbers for the local utilities.


Montgomery County Police DepartmentEdit

MCPD Community Liaison
Joy Patil

Non-Emergency number

To file a report online: [1]

Fire DepartmentEdit

Montgomery County Fire DepartmentEdit

Non-Emergency number



To report outages
1-877-PEPCO-62 (1-877-737-2662)

To report downed wires and life-threatening emergencies

To report a street light outage
If the pole that holds the light is wooden, copy down the number printed on the side of the pole with the burned out light (the more information you can supply, the better), and either:

  • Call PEPCO at 1-877-737-2662 and follow the prompts to leave a report. Be ready with the street address where the light is located, and speak quickly.

If the pole that holds the light is metal:

  • Call Montgomery County at: (240) 777-2100.

Washington GasEdit

If you smell gas, or if you have an emergency involving natural gas, leave the area immediately, call:
911 AND Washington Gas
703-750-1400 or 1-800-752-7520

Washington Suburban Sanitary CommissionEdit

Water or Sewer Line Break

Sewer Backup or Stoppage

Water Meter or Fire Hydrant Leaks

All of the Above Services
or send an email to: